Tips For Raising An Affectionate Cat

Grumpy Cat’s “cattitude” has been a popular internet meme, but having a cat like Sir Grumpy is not what most new cat parents have in mind for their babies. Most of them want to raise a friendly, sweet feline. Just like humans, cats’ tempers differ. 

However, following these tips can help you teach your Cat to be less anxious around noises and unfamiliar objects, enjoy human contact and generally grow into a well-socialized cat:

  1. Don’t Treat Your Kitten Like a Grown-up

Ideally, kittens must spend the first eight weeks with their mom and siblings. If that’s not possible, you may need to bottle-feed, nurture your little kitten, and cuddle. It will require around-the-clock care the younger the kitten is. If your kitten is more youthful than eight weeks, take special care of its health and spend some time. The Cat will begin to trust and rely on you as its human parent. Ensure that at this age, you will need to:

  • Bottle-feed your kitten every 3 hours until it is ready to begin solid foods.
  • Keep the kitten warm and cuddle the way its mother and siblings would if they were together.
  • You’ll need to help your pet when it’s young to go to the bathroom by gently stimulating its bowels, as it may not be able to do it by itself.
  • Keep your Cat clean and away from other pets and older cats, as the growing stage and immune system is not strong enough and not old enough to start kitten vaccinations. Cat treatments are expensive. It is advised to have cat insurance
  1. Gentleness Breeds Gentleness

Regardless of how many weeks old your Cat is, you will need to treat it with gentleness and care if you want your kitten to learn the best way to interact with others, whether human or animal. 

Use these gentleness tips to condition your Cats.

  • Stay close and frequently cuddle, keeping it cozy and warm.
  • Pet affectionately and frequently.
  • Say its name frequently and whisper.
  • Groom your kitten regularly so it gets used to being cleaned and brushed.
  • Engage in regular playtime. As kittens get older and more energetic, they have a lot more energy to spare, so playtime is a critical way to help them socialize and interact with you and other humans at home.
  1. Reward Good Behavior

Kittens can’t be naughty and do what comes to them naturally. So, don’t yell at your kitten. Instead, redirect your kitten to more engaging activities. Make sure to have quiet, safe places for your kitten to rest if it becomes swamp and a designated scratching post to use when its natural feline inclination strikes.

After playtime, reward your kitten with affection and a special treat if it behaves well. (Cats might increase weight, be sure not to give too many treats at once. Limit to less than 10% of your Cat’s daily calorie intake, with the other 90% being a highly-nutritious kitten food.)

  1. Socialize & Condition

It’s essential not to separate your cats once they’ve had their vaccinations and are weaned, or they won’t be used to animals and other people as adults. As they grow beyond eight weeks, ensure to involve them in appropriate social interactions with other animals and humans in the home. For instance:

  • Introduce them to family and friends
  • Introduce them to gentle, cat-friendly dogs. It can help a feline grow out of her spontaneous threat of dogs and make the home more peaceful when both types of pets are in the house.
  • Vacuum, Play music, and do other normal, noisy activities so they get used to it early and aren’t afraid of loud noises.
  • Provide lots of playtime with safe objects like boxes and toys, but be sure to be personally involved.
  1. Be Present for Playtime

The importance of personal engagement with your Cat cannot be understated. You and the more family members are directly involved in face-to-face, hand-to-paw playtime, the easier it will be for your feline to engage with other humans in a friendly way.

  1. Keep Your Kitten Healthy

Behavior is often an indicator of how your Cat feels. Feeling under the weather, she may not want to be affectionate or socialize. So, keeping your Cat healthy and providing it with the best nutrition for growth and development will help you raise a loving cat. Ensure your Cat gets all of the essential preventative cat treatment and veterinary care like deworming and vaccinations, and keep them on a healthy diet and good habits, so they always feel their best and act their best.

itsdailyworld

Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *